Redbourn is a village that lies four miles north of St Albans and just west of the ancient Watling Street. The southern end of the parish adjoins the parish of St Michael’s, St Albans. The manor was held by the abbey of St Albans until the Dissolution, and was given to Princess Elizabeth in 1550, to Prince Henry in 1610, and the trustees for Prince Charles in 1617. The church is dedicated to St Mary.
“Parishes: Redbourn.” A History of the County of Hertford: Volume 2. Ed. William Page. London: Victoria County History, 1908. 364-371. British History Online. Web. 14 October 2019. http://www.british-history.ac.uk/vch/herts/vol2/pp364-371.