Hexton is a village located at Hertfordshire’s northern border with Bedfordshire, six miles west of Hitchin and twenty miles north of St Albans. The manor of Hexton was held by St Albans Abbey until the Dissolution, then passed through several hands before coming to the Taverner family in 1593. The parish church is dedicated to St Faith.
“Parishes: Hexton.” A History of the County of Hertford: Volume 2. Ed. William Page. London: Victoria County History, 1908. 352-354. British History Online. Web. 14 October 2019. http://www.british-history.ac.uk/vch/herts/vol2/pp352-354.